Friday, January 04, 2008

I Clearly Need My Head Checked

Monday night was my last night of work before going back to school. I had 10 (now 6) glorious days of nothing-to-do. Ten days in which I would solve all the world's problems (after solving all my own,) 10 days of writing and goal-setting and blah blah blah. I don't do well with nothing-to-do. I mentioned to a friend that I hate having demands on my schedule. For instance, if I had 4 weeks of freedom to go into work when I felt like it, or not if I didn't, I'd be a happy camper. The second I see my name on what is called a "schedule" I get all resentful and mad that I have to go into work. So I've been house/dog sitting for a friend and it's been pretty fun...except that I've gotten NOTHING accomplished. I seriously want to go into work because I'm sooo bored. But there are plenty of things that aren't Crabhouse related that I wanted to do. I wanted to write...I wanted to go over the Spanish I learned so I'm prepared for next semester...I wanted to improve my prayer life...HA! I've done none of these things. So apparently I need a schedule...and apparently there has to be a threat of disciplinary action in order for me to follow it...and apparently I'm not good at disciplining myself.

So I guess my dreams of working for myself need to be adjusted a little. (or I need to be adjusted a little)

One New Year's Resolution: Learn to be disciplined. Ugggh....that's gonna hurt.

No comments: