Monday, November 13, 2006

This surfer needs some techy help

So I downloaded this new fancy version of Internet Explorer about a month ago. They (the elusive "they") "recomended" it. Since then my browser freezes about once and hour and I have to end program. I did a virus scan on my 'puter and it's clean according to my anti-virus softwear. So now what? Anyone know how I can go back to the good 'ol days of non-fancy surfing? Or can I contact someone at Windows and encourage them to get their poop in a group? (anyone have a number?)

Help me...I'm computer challenged!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the official IE7 Support FAQ list:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/default.mspx

There's a phone number listed there in case you feel brave enough to call.

Here's the download page for IE6:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/default.mspx

Lisa said...

I was like, Oh cool she's giving me a phone number...till I read that it might require bravery. Why do I need to be brave?

Lori said...

I suggest ignoring IE all together. It's the buggiest browser out there. Try the free Mozilla Firefox or the free Opera browser. Downloads are available at cnet.com

Anonymous said...

I heart Firefox - it's very similar. Some things won't show up as well on Firefox, because people have been designing and coding primarily for IE due to its market share. For the stuff you'll be visiting though, it shouldn't matter much.

And it would require bravery because really, any help desk call does. At least for me, because I get frustrated by people who know less about the issue than me reading a script.