Saturday, August 12, 2006

I wanna feel something!

My friend Lisa has a blog and I don't know how to turn her name into the link
(Lori, please help me!)
so here's her blog thingy http://zell-it.com/blog/

She has some interesting thoughts on the new WTC movie.

Here's what I think.
#1 I think people want to be a part of something bigger than themselves. The day to day grind doesn't stir people's hearts. What does John* say? The things that stir men's hearts are beauty and affliction. People sat on their asses and watched the tube for 4 days striaght because they wanted their hearts to feel again.

#2 In a world where it's almost a crime to say that there is an absolute moral code we were able, on that day, to say with certainty(and have most agree with us) that this was a purely evil act.

I think people feel safe with moral boundries. Oddly enough, I think people sat on their asses and watched the tube for 4 days straight because saying "this is wrong" felt good. In a strange way, it felt safe. As if they were thinking, "I knew there was a right and a wrong!!

I have more to say about absolut vs. relative morality...but I'm saving it for another day. II'm very tired.

Peace out!

*Eldridge not the gospel writer.

No comments: