Monday, June 25, 2007

Life: shakin' it up!

I've listened to enough motivational speakers in the last six years to know one thing: When life becomes unacceptable...change it. I could probably list all the catchy phrases they use to make ordinary men and women face their fear and do the extraordinary. Things like, "If it's going to be, it's up to me!!!" But I had to dig through some cobwebs to get that one. Trust me...there are millions more.

Life doesn't just happen the way you want it to. I've seen people let life hit them as it goes by and frankly they're not so happy. I'm tired of whining about my life. I never wanted to be a whiner and I found that I'd become one...a great BIG one at that.

So I've decided to make a change...a great BIG one. Most of you know it all already but I will be leaving the Chicago area for the first time in my life and moving to Ohio. I will be attending the Franciscan University of Steubenville as a non-traditional under-graduate student of journalism.

And even more exciting...I will most likely be spending the spring semester abroad at the university's campus in Gaming Austria

The hills are alive, kids. The hills are f'ing alive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome about Austria - maybe you'll get me to take my second trans-Atlantic flight.

Lisa said...

hell yeah...I get a 10 day break too!